[Trainer-Talk] Emojis in Braille

humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Thu Apr 1 01:59:43 UTC 2021

Dear Ned,

In my experience, yes, unfortunately, VoiceOver in iOS seems to handle a lot
of emoji characters more efficiently and accessibly with braille displays
than NVDA or JAWS can.

I would try pressing Dots 3,6 chord (Space + dots 3,6) which is the
SayCharacter command for Focus 40 V users. Perhaps pressing that command 3
times quickly may yield the hex value of the emoji in question. Just my
two-cent work-around.

Hope it helps a bit. Have  awonderful day.:)

Humberto