[Trainer-Talk] Very strange computer issue

Reginald George adapt at kc.rr.com
Thu May 5 11:28:43 UTC 2022

Hi Jim,
So many things could cause this, few of them good.  What is happening is called a stop error, followed by a system setting that tells the PC to restart on fail. Memory dumps are recorded in Windows event logs.   It could be as simple as overheating from a clogged  or failing fan, a driver   version conflict with a newer update, or  a BIOS firmware update that needs to be applied . But is typically hardware related, and involves the aptly nicknamed, blue screen of death.  To your extreme good fortune is the fact that the problem is easily reproduced and traceable.  If it is the SSD, which is  as likely as  anything else, a competent technician can quickly clone an image of your system, replace the drive, and have you back up and running in no time. Not all the diagnostics you require are accessible. My advice, get thee to a shop ASAP!

Reg George, CATIS Certified
Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans. Alan Saunders, John Lennon
Sent from my self driving starship!