[Trainer-Talk] iOS and braille display

Scott Davert kc8pnl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:12:46 UTC 2023

Hello Enrique.
I'm guessing you are running firmware 2.0 from Humanware on a Brailliant, Chameleon, or NLS e Reader under iOS 16.0 or later... Yes, the dot 8 issue is  a known bug, but please report to Apple and Humanware. I already told them about 1 sale they lost out on because this issue isn't happening with the Focus. There is, sadly, no way to revert to an older version of the firmware once you have upgraded to 2.0.
Concerning your translation issues, which braille table are you using? I'm using the UEB System table and am not experiencing this on either the public version of 16.2 or the RC of 16.3.

Best,
Scott
P.S. try pressing space with 2-7 before pressing enter. It's about half reliable.

Sent from my iPhone