[Trainer-Talk] New bug for braille users coming in iOS 16.3

Scott Davert kc8pnl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:35:19 UTC 2023

New bug in iOS 16.3. When pressing space with 4-6 to invoke the Notification Center, the Bluetooth connection between the phone and braille display drops. This seems to be effecting all displays. Workaround it by invoking Notification Center with gestures which is mostly reliable. You can also try tapping the touchscreen which sometimes also brings the connection back. Unlike some of the other bugs which are only found on Humanware firmware 2.0, this one is unfortunately impacting people that  I know running the public release due out next week. The  Brailliant BI40X, Focus 14 and Orbit Reader 40 are the devices I've been able to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone