[Trainer-Talk] The Accessibility of Canvas with JAWS?

Jennifer Soltis jenniferasoltis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 16:11:48 UTC 2024

I echo what Matt said. I have four high school students who use Canvas with
Jaws every day. Most, if not all parts of canvas are accessible and the
potential snags depend on what content the instructor has uploaded. Canvas
prompts them to add alt text and check for accessibility! There are a few
styles of newer quizzes that are not accessible and those are documented in
information for educators but all the "classic" quizzes are fine. Regions
and headings are your friends.