[Travelandtourism] Fw: RE: Blind Passenger Policy

ROBYN R WALLEN robynwallen at juno.com
Fri Oct 30 22:37:27 UTC 2009

Cheryl.

I have a quick question I see you are an indpendant contractor with
Montrose travel.  I am curious to know what kind of training they gave to
you or what there requirements are for agents.  I have heard of this
company in fact I know someone who uses them for their rewards program
however I did not think they did the host agency thing.  I have worked in
the industry myself for more than 10 years first for an airline and then
for a major travel company.  I also worked at home for a short time thru
a host agency when I was between jobs.  Anyway some of the hosts agencies
are really good and legit they do not only there own training but also
require a certain amount of previous experience.  Others are more or less
card mills.  They offer you a discount card and give you a website but
they do not do any real training and just have people pay a certain
amount each month and then offer commissions on prepackaged stuff.  I
have been trying to find out more about this particular company as the
agent my friend had to work with did not sound proffessional at all and
when I talked to her she had no clue about airport codes or policies.

Robyn