[Travelandtourism] Avoiding Foreign Transaction Fees

Peachtree Travel info at peachtreetravel.net
Tue Aug 10 20:46:35 UTC 2010

Q. We may be traveling in Great Britain this September and hear that most
credit cards charge a 3 percent transaction fee for charges made outside of
the United States. Is Capital One the only one that does not?

A. As far as we know, Capital One is the only widely-accepted major credit
card issuer that does not pass along foreign transaction fees. By the way,
you'll also pay a foreign transaction fee with most cards even if you're in
the U.S. but by something from a company based overseas, such as a
foreign-based airline with no offices in the U.S. like Ryanair or Easyjet.
Some credit card issuers charge more than 3 percent, so it's wise to shop
around.

Maurice

We know that you have a choice in choosing a Travel Partner and truly
appreciate that you have selected Peachtree Travel.

Independent Travel Consultant
http://www.Peachtreetravel.net
(phone) 888-389-2723
(fax) 888-563-4698