[Travelandtourism] Politeness on the talk list

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:30:46 UTC 2011

There is a different between disliking a post and posting a comment and being rude.

Not only am I the president of the division, I am also the moderator of this talk list.

It is hard to tell writing of people who respond to things, my own posting as well.

They are not to hurt but to educate. So when I am writing. I might be a little annoyed but there is no reason to get rude, or nasty.

Michael's comments were his own opinion, and yes I got a little heated but I was not yelling.

Michael also was not insulting me, he just felt I was giving bad advice; and I applaud Maurice for his response, since I am not always on to respond to later in the day.

This is just a friendly reminder that rudeness or nastiness will not be allowed this talk list, like I am sure it is not allowed on any NFB list.

Again, Michael, I was educating. You don't feel it was a good posting, but I was posting for the last week of my trip.

Again, everyone's circumstances are different, and if no one took kids out of school for either a vacation or something to the effect that they needed to do something; and I don't mean letting them out to go to a movie in the afternoon with friends anytime they want. Then places like Walt Disney world, or any place in the world would be closed, until the kids were out of school.

Just one more thought on this.  My niece and nephew go to school year round in Delaware, and my sister takes them out of school, when she can take vacations, she is a manager of a retail store, and cannot go during the holidays because those are her busy time of the year, she let's the teacher now the first part of the semester if they are going on vacation, and the teacher will give assignments to do so the kids will catch up.  Also, like when someone passes away, like my grandmother, that the kids had to be taken out of school for a few days because we had to travel to Florida.

It was advise on the expertise that I know, it was also being posted to my blog and other people who are not part of the NFB, like parents of groups I am working with here in NY and some other states, who ask the questions, so instead of me writing 3 or 4 different e-mails they just go in the BCC.

You might not like what I post, and should respond, but to say that I should watch it because I am an Officer with the NFB and watch what I say and do is not one of them.

Have a Happy Holiday All!

http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>