[Travelandtourism] Question about going to Williamsburg

Vicki Ratcliffe vratcliffe01 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 19:43:50 UTC 2011

     Mary, I live in Alexandria, Virginia and can offer some tips about
Williamsburg.  I went there many years ago with my family and a couple times
in the last ten years by myself and I'm totally blind.

     First of all, Amtrak and Greyhound go in to Williamsburg and if you
wanted to fly, Richmond or Norfolk are the two cities nearest to
Williamsburg.  As for getting around while there, if you stay at one of
their hotels on the historical property, there is a bus that goes from place
to place.

    When on my own, I took taxis to go to the outlets and also to Jamestown
where I arranged for a guided tour.  Also, the Williamsburg Lodge, one of
the hotels on property, has programs in the evenings in their auditorium.

     Hope that you have a nice trip.

Vicki