[Travelandtourism] Intro

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Tue Sep 20 15:36:04 UTC 2011

Cheryl,
Thanks for the offer of assistance.

I think I will be planning this one though. If I am thinking of being a
travel agent, if I can't plan my own vacation, I doubt I could plan one for
others.

We won't be staying on Disney property either. There will be 7 of us going,
so that means 2 hotel rooms, or one suite, and at Disney's prices for that
time period, well, at least the prices I got, I would rather save the money
to do other fun stuff for the girls, like a few character dinners, and a
make over at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

If I recall, the rates I got for a value hotel was 120 per night for June
4th to the 18th, so that is 240 a night for 2 rooms, plus either 12% or 13%
tax, depending on the property. The rooms aren't big, they don't have
kitchens, so we will be spending more on food.

We are planning to visit Universal and Sea World, and hop over to Tampa as
well.

We are going to be staying in a villa. We will have our own little house,
complete with 3-4 bedrooms, pool, hot tub, washer and drier, full kitchen,
etc... I can get this for less than 160 a night all inclusive of taxes and
cleaning fees.

Even paying the $14 per car per day parking fees, we will come out ahead.
Extended park hours for guests on Disney property aren't that big of a deal
to us. My wife don't get up early, and I won't have my kids out at
mid-night. Because all of our days won't be at Disney, the dining plan
wouldn't be all that great for us. I doubt we will buy much at the parks,
the same stuff for a lot less can be had at outlet stores in Orlando, so
having my purchases taken to my room isn't all that big of a deal.

Having our own kitchen, I guestimated we can save $40 a day just by eating
breakfast at our villa.

The only advantage I can see to staying on property is the fact that I can
book my character dining 180+10, instead of the standard 180.

I guess I should say we are planning an Orlando vacation, not a Disney World
vacation.

Michael