[Travelandtourism] FW: This goes out to those that are travel professional do you use Sabre or ever used it?

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:56:26 UTC 2012

Hi Cheryl: I have never used Sabre however, I know a couple of blind agents who have tried out the system.  They have reported that Sabre hasn’t been accessible for a while without speech.  At least you need to use a combination of speech and refreshable Braille so this upgrade doesn’t surprise me. Unfortunately, Sabre probably has a contract with a software Company who develops, test and does the tech support for their software.  So it’s going to be hard to pin down who he should be dealing with for his accessibility issue.  Sabre definitely isn’t going to roll back because of user who can’t access their software and contractually they probably can’t anyway. Sabre has made a good compensation for him to continue to use the old software however, why would he need documentation to do so?  Now that’s a very good question and I’ll be very interested in hearing about this one. Reese