[Travelandtourism] Disney Parks Guest Assistance Card Program Update

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 16:13:39 UTC 2013

Just returned from our very 1st Fundraiser Trip, it was just awesome, I will be writing about the  trip and do hope you will all give feed back and comment. I have been hearing chirping from the crickets it has been so quiet on this list.

Anyway, I am posting this latest information about the services with guests with disabilities, and I am also coping Mark Jones from Disney on this, so if anyone has a questions or concerns, please reply all from your e-mail and not just reply to the talk list, because Mark will not be able to read them.

I might ask mark to come back and speak to me in the future on the Echevarria Travel Show and we can discuss more, he has become a great friend of the NFB and not just the travel and tourism group.

I also want to make clear on some rides they have access which is separate for those in wheelchairs and scooters.

This issue has come up because there are many tour companies out there that higher disabled people and not just for Disney either, that rich people pay, so that they don't have to wait on line for the rides, poor healthy sighted people, taking advantage.

Being blind doesn't mean we skip to the front of the lines anyway, we want equality then we wait in line like everyone else, or use the fast pass. If we want to be treated like a person with a disability that is all up to you. We have many people here that don't belong to either organization, but we fight for equality.

So here is the updated information from October 8, 2013

Disney Parks have an unwavering commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment and accessible experiences for Guests.
Disney Parks is modifying the current Guest Assistance Card program, which provides access to attractions for Guests with disabilities, so it can continue to serve the Guests who truly need it. The new program is designed to provide the special experience Guests have come to expect from Disney. It will also help control abuse that was, unfortunately, widespread and growing at an alarming rate.
The new Disability Access Service (DAS) Card will replace the Guest Assistance Card on Oct. 9, 2013. Guests at Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort can request a Disability Access Service Card at Guest Relations. DAS Cardholders will receive a return time for attractions based on the current wait time.
Disney Parks has long recognized and accommodated Guests with varying needs. Guests can visit Guest Relations to discuss their individual situation, and Disney Parks will continue to provide assistance that is responsive to their unique circumstances.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com
 Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking www.nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314. Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama