[Travelandtourism] Travel and Tourism Members Please What Will be Announced at Convention

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 00:28:53 UTC 2014

This particular issue is the Brain Child of Carl Jacobsen, who is not only the President of the New York State Affiliate, but also sits on the Board of the NFB. I would like once the convention is over we have a conference call to discuss the benefits of having a Travel & Tourism live chat sponsored room.
This is going to be announced at general session.

	Voice chat sites have, of late, become a means by which people have connected with each other in order to share opinions, gather information, find relaxation, recruit others to a cause and countless other purposes that suit their desires.	We, in the National Federation of the Blind, have yet to avail ourselves of this outreach tool.  Consequently, it’s time to take the plunge into yet another aspect of the internet.	A chat site which would be called “NFB Live is in the making and could use your help.  There has been some discussion with National leadership and the feeling is that is worth exploring.  However, finances are always a concern.  Therefore, it was suggested that the New York affiliate undertake this as a pilot project.  We agreed and now it is time to ask for help.  As with anything, success comes with a price but if the success is present, it is worth the price.  We have identified a host which could meet our needs at an annual cost, in the beginning of approximately $4,000.  That is why we are coming to our brother and sister affiliates for help.  Your cost would be small and your benefit is yet to be determined.  	The way this would work would be that any Affiliate or Division contributing $300 per year would be given a “room” bearing its name and a description from the President of that Affiliate or Division’s purpose and planned activities for said “room”.  In addition, the Affiliate or Division contributing at least $300 would be mentioned on the front page as a sponsor and links to their web sites would be provided. Tools for the management of that room would also be provided to the President and others who she or he would designate.  	Obviously, there are many other benefits to this concept and we would welcome an opportunity to discuss them with you.  I would be glad to receive your sponsorship checks at the National Convention and add to what I have already said about such a project.  	I look forward to seeing you all in Orlando and also look forward to a successful launch of this project during the summer.	Thank you for your anticipated support, Carl Jacobsen

Cheryl Echevarria, OwnerEchevarria Travel
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com
www.echevarriatravel.com
Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.

Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama