[Travelandtourism] Questions about getting assistance in airports

Tom Evans tevans2003 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 28 16:08:34 UTC 2016

Sami,
You can call in advance and maybe nice for their numbers and data, yet their
not going to do anything, until your there.
Then I say the key words of blind and meet and assist and don't need a wheel
chait, yet most likely they bring and you politely refuse.
I fly all the time and the last 2 experiances were so bad, that the helper
needed more help with English and understanding.  I got 2 plain clothes
civilians to help, since the help was no help.  Ususually very good, yet
their hiring wheel chair pushers.
You'll be fine.  I have been doing for 30 years and once in a while, like
the last time, got thrown for a loop.  I will tell you far better, then 30
years ago and everywhere is occasional probs.  The key word is meet and
assist and don't need a wheel chair and don't be surprised when they show
with one.  It is part of their everyday requests