[Travelandtourism] Online travel agencies - long response from Cheryl Echevarria past President of the Travel and Tourism Division

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 14:43:10 UTC 2017

Question, I am a full service travel agency. These are called host agencies. Which there are many legitimate ones, and there are many that are not.

A few things to consider, Lori Anne, this is not a work from home job. The is a business opportunity for you to be your own business, it will take time, etc.  Even if you work for an existing travel agency and work from home. You need to know what you are doing first.

Too many people go into this business and think, they are going to travel, or you personally do not have to travel, that everything is online and don't have to do anything and your agency will train you it all.

FYI, this will not happen.

1.  If a person who is blind that is going to go into this business, you need to be able to travel, either by yourself independently or with a partner willing to work with you and knows as much as you do.  My husband is my business partner, but at the same time, I travel independently all the time.  Even if I wasn't blind, when you are going to a new place or a new location, you need to know something out there about the destination you are going to.

2.  You must love this business, you need to be able to learn everything from the very beginning of the business, etc. You need to work with a host agency that is willing to teach you everything from soup to nuts.

See continuation on another email.

Cheryl and Nelson Echevarria
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
407-910-6469 home number