[Txabs] Volunteer request for Community Service project at State Convention

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Tue Oct 25 16:47:47 UTC 2016

NFB of Texas Federation family,

The NFB of Texas Community Service Committee is excited to be
participating in a community service project during State Convention.
We will be partnering with the Rio Grande Valley Food bank in
assisting with the project they assign us with. The event will be
taking place on Saturday, November 5th from 8am to 9am. The Food bank
has allotted us 10 slots for volunteers and currently we have 5 people
from our committee participating. We will be taking a passenger van
that holds 10 people and we are looking for anyone who is interested
to come with us to volunteer.

If you would like to volunteer with us, please email me at
jfranks at nfbtx.org
As soon as possible, so that we may obtain an accurate headcount.

Once the slots have been filled, I will inform you all.

So, let’s get involved and let’s go build the Federation!

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Treasurer
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.