[Vabs] So how did it go?

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:56:50 UTC 2009

Hello Virginia students,

Last Sunday evening, I held the conference call as planned. Larry
Povinelli, our former state treasurer, and Jessica Kostiw were in
attendance. Read: no students joined us! I'm working with Jason Ewell
in the Affiliate Action Department at the National Center to get some
ideas on increasing our membership, and I'll be attending an event in
Baltimore at the end of the month about membership development. I'll
report back to you after I attend that.

As for now, Jessica, Larry, and I are working to find more students to
join us. We're focusing on Virginia, but we're open to students from
the District of Columbia and Maryland as well.

If you know of other blind students, please have them contact me and
have them join this and the national listservs. We'll hold a
conference call again in a few weeks, and I hope that attendance will
be greater on that call -- I understand that the holidays may have
kept some of you from joining us.

On that note -- what are some good days of the week for you to have a
conference call this semester?

Take care,
Corbb O'Connor
President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

-----
Corbb O'Connor
The George Washington University '10
B.A. Political Communication & Economics