[Vabs] Good Luck to the Richmond bound

pajohns1 at vt.edu pajohns1 at vt.edu
Tue May 5 11:05:43 UTC 2009

List,

        Good luck to those bound for Richmond on Saturday.  Initially I had indicated plans to attend, but have since decided not too.  There are only a handful of blind students K-12 through college here in the western part of the Commonwealth, and the few I've met desire no association with the NFB, and have an equally low opinion of the ACB.
        To climb atop a soapbox for a moment I find the perceptions of the NFB as in your face militants and the ACB's easy come easy go attitude as distressing.  I've read a few historical pieces on why the two groups split and frankly find the split as productive as a pair of squabbiling siblings.
        I'm off my soapbox now.

Regardless, I hope the meeting is productive.  I'd like to see blind youth of Virginia have a strong voice regardless if it is through the NFB, ACB, or a third enitity.

Patrick
@Virginia Tech