[Vabs] SCHOOLS IN VA

C. J. Fish cjwfish07 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 01:20:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a B.A. in piano performance from Mount Olive College, but that is in
NC.  I can tell you that George Mason University has a wonderful program,
since I started my master's in piano performance/pedagogy there a few years
ago.  Also, I know a few students in the Virginia Commonwealth University
(VCU) program here in Richmond, but I confess I do not know much about that
program or how it works for blind/visually impaired students.  I also have
looked into Radford University and Shenandoah Conservatory in the past, but
I have never been there.  The only one I can give personal account for is
GMU.  Let me know if you have any specific questions or would like any
guidance as far as contacts.  I would be glad to help.  I definitely think
that having the degree I have helped me with teaching.  Potential students
and especially parents of students always ask about my degree/if I have one,
and I would even say it has gotten me more students than I had before I got
my degree.  Hope this helps.

C. J. Fish