[VABS] Gift Card

Andre Hill andrehill6188 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 23:15:45 UTC 2017

Good Evening Fellow VABS Members,

I hope that this letter finds you all safe and sound.

As President Parsons' said in his previous email that we need to get at
least 5 letters from you explaining your interactions with inaccessibility
materials whether it is positive or negative.

I imagine some of you might be thinking that your story probably won't make
a difference but that is not the case. We have made significant changes in
the world of disability right and many of those changes started
with letters from parents, teachers, advocates and especially STUDENTS just
like you who told your stories and let your voices be heard. Each year,
more and more students are facing the future unprepared because of
inaccessible materials in schools. This must stop now!! The future is ours
to shape and mold but we must do it together and I am asking for your help.

Besides being able to let your voice be hear and make lasting change, we
are adding an incentive, we are raffling off a $25 gift card. Any student
who sends us a letter will be placed in a drawing to win that gift card.
Only one letter per person.

We are asking that all of the letters are turned in by December 18, 2017 at
11:59pm.

Yours Sincerely,

Andre' E. Hill

-Chair, Legislative Committee
Virginia Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind

-Member- Planning Activities Committee & Alumni Advisory Council
Maryland Youth Leadership Forum

-Student Member
Electronic Information & Technology Advisory Board
Tidewater Community College

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm
going is what inspires me to travel it.”-Rosalía de Castro