[VABS] Door-to-Door Van Service to VABS Bowling Event

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 07:37:41 UTC 2017

Greetings VABS

This is just a friendly reminder that the first official National Federation
of the Blind of Virginia "National Meet the Blind Month"  event for 2017
will be "Bowl with the Blind," hosted by the Virginia Association of Blind
Students on October 7 in Virginia Beach, VA. I wanted to remind those
students in the Greater Richmond area (Richmond, Henrico County, Ashland,
Hanover County, Petersburg) that we are chartering a van for direct service
from Richmond to Virginia Beach. This is a round-trip ride, offered by my
sister, RobAnn Parsons, and we will be departing from Richmond at 10AM the
morning of the event. If you are interested, the price for a seat in the van
is $45 for round trip service.

This is a deal because:

1.	There are only 2 trains a day to Newport News, which from there you
would take a bus to Virginia Beach. The first train will get you to the
event late and the last returning train would force you to leave early.
2.	Train costs to Virginia Beach are at minimum $55 right now. Bus
tickets are $50.
3.	With a van, you can take stretch breaks or get some food on the way
down.
4.	Robert will be singing carpool karaoke the whole ride down.

Please come out and support our students as we make a footprint in the
affiliate archives with this momentous event. Remember, the tools to success
are in front of you. If you don't live in Richmond or Northern Virginia,
send me an email, maybe we can find a way for you to still make it out
there.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass