[VABS] Finalized: VABS Programming Schedule 2017

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 05:38:29 UTC 2017

VABS

Below you will find the official schedule of the 2017 NFBV State Convention
for VABS Programs. I appreciate the students that opted to lead discussions
and I hope that your contribution will inspire everyone else.

2017 NFBV State Convention Student Program

Friday, November 3, 2017

8pm-10pm: VABS Student Social and Membership Affair

Bring $5 to pay your yearly dues to the division. This is the time where you
all are officially considered members. Paying your dues gives you voting
privileges, assistance privileges, and the right to represent us on a local,
state, and national level.

Beginning at 8pm:

Welcome to the Division: Robert P.

Collection of Dues and Registration: Andrea P.

Ice Breakers Session: Kinston W, Naim AEH, Andrea P, Michael M.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

12pm-1:30pm: VABS Student luncheon and Business Meeting

This is our annual business meeting, where we reflect and review all that
has been accomplished during the year and make plans on how we can improve
our efficiency and bank account in the future.

Welcome Address: Robert P, Kathryn W.

Treasurer's Report: Andrea P.

Discussion on Events/Fundraising: Naim AEH.

Plans: Membership as a Whole

Elections: Kathryn W., Robert P.

1:30pm-4:pm: Breakout Sessions

These 30-minute panel discussions are used as points of knowledge for many
questions that may be burning in your minds. Take the time to ask the
student speakers about their experience and what they suggest.

1:30pm-2pm: Netiquette and How to Effectively Communicate

Student Panel: Christopher Nusbaum, Robert Parsons, Kinston Walker

2:30pm-3pm: Social Pressures of High School and College

Student Panel: Naim Abu El-Hawa, Michael Munn, Oscar Montiel

2:30pm-3pm: Training and Its Benefits

Student Panel: Michael Ausbund, Marc Canamaso, Chris Nusbaum

3pm-3:30pm: VABS and the Federation: The Effectiveness of the Network

Student panel: Kathryn Webster, Luke Schwinck, Andrea Perry

3:30pm-4pm: Legislative Advocacy and AIM High

Student Panel: Michael Ausbund, Robert Parsons, Naim Abu El-Hawa

Sunday, November 5, 2017

9am-11:30am: Self-Defense Youth Track Collaboration

Bring your game face, sweat pants, and Bruce Lee moves because VABS is
getting physical. This self-defense course will teach practical self-defense
so that in the event danger is at your doorstep you can act freely, move
swiftly, and be free of all bodily harm.

Please keep in mind, we will be having our fundraiser the whole time that we
are at convention. I will start a different thread about that in a day or
so. Also, please stay tuned for more updates about more items.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass