[VAGDU] Mobilizing the Division

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:55:54 UTC 2018

Good Morning Handlers

I know that this line has been a bit dormant since its activation and I do
apologize for that. I wanted to discuss a few things with our members to
assure that we are still on the same page.

During our meeting at state convention, we discussed a multitude of
different areas that we wanted the division to focus on in addition to
legislative efforts on the state and national level. The consensus of the
group was to allow time for our current President to decide how active he
would be in executing these items. At this point, the quarterly wait time is
close to expiration and the beginning of our activity is upon us. The first
item I would like to incorporate is beginning the quarterly conference
calls. Please take time to reply to this thread with a date for the
quarterly conference call this month. I can generate a number and access
code once this is determined.

At this call, we can further discuss:

1.	The effectiveness of our leadership.
2.	Division programs and bylaws.
3.	Upcoming national efforts for guide dog legislation.
4.	The possibility of a guest speaker from the National Association of
Guide Dog Users.

Remember, please hit "reply all" when answering so that we all can read your
response.

All the Best

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Secretary, Virginia Association of Guide Dog Users

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass