[vendtalk] Sodexo Wins $766M U.S. Marine Corps Foodservice Bid, subcontracts 40%

Vandervoort's vandervoorts at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 19 03:18:18 UTC 2011

Hi Mark,
The message translated as below.  At first, I thought the "****" was for a
bad word.  But, I figured it out that was inserted when it does not
understand a word.  Neat system.

My business is starting to go down a bit because of layoffs at state and
depression at post offices.  Roadside is up for summertime but not as much
as last year.  The prison is down because they are running at about 2/3
capacity.

I am not now planning to go to BLAST this year.  The airfare is $500, the
room will be about $400+, add in the registration, etc. and if Mary goes,
the cost goes up another $800 or so.  Airfare deals are terrible to
Nashville.  I think it would be a really good one this year and I am still
interested but it is very expensive for me right now.  Mary starts Tarleton
State at Cisco Campus now that Texas Tech dropped the Abilene Campus for
General Studies.  Also, she is not wanting to go in September and miss any
school.

I think I will go to San Antonio for our BET program.  I hope you can come
this year, also.

NFB State is Nov 11-13, I think, in Austin at the Holiday Inn Midtown on
Middle Fisk Road, across from the Greyhound Bus Station and What used to be
Highland Mall.  We were there earlier this month and it is a pretty good
hotel.  Would be good if you could come to that as well.  Mary is on the
state board and has to go, regardless.  That means I will go, of course!

The Sodexo contract says they have to give 40% to subcontractors that deal
with disabilities, but I can gues that means Ability One shops but I really
do not know the details.  The approach the Marines used was to exclude
Randolph Sheppard and get in top companies.  Funny, Sodexo is a French
company and I do not understand how that deal went down giving them access
to our Military bases.  Believe me, the French will use it to their
advantage.

Mike