[blindkid] identify yourself please

Jan Wright jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:35:54 UTC 2008

It also depends on what kind of conversation that you want to have with someone.
You can only ask so many basic questions.
And, if you knew who they wre, you might be able to be much more specific in your conversation.
It depends on your motives and goals.
No, Steve, we do not want to regulate our communication so much that  it hinders others from speaking to us. And, we don't want to draw that attention to our blindness at the beginning of every conversation.
Yet, we don't want to seem cold and unresponsive.
And, how can we truly respond to people if we don't exactly know who we are talking to?
If not knowing who someone is hinders your conversation and/or your interactions, then by all means, find a polite way of obtaining that information.
However, if your conversation would be the same, whether they identified themselves, then, it is not worth it.
I guess that I am lucky that my facial expressions can give  me away. I
 never thought that I would say that, but it is a positive in this particular sense.
Jan and family