[blindkid] Hadley courses

Debby B bwbddl at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 11:18:01 UTC 2009

Jan, Let me start by saying we have GREATLY benefited from the Hadley courses! I have over 24 credit hours with them, and only stopped because I needed courses that the state of FL would accept. (Last I heard FL is one of only 3 states that does not accept their credits for teacher re-certification.) I have found the courses to cover the material in a well-explained, systematic way. Every instructor I have had has been very helpful, available over the phone, and they have gone above and beyond to assist us with issues. Some of the instructors are indeed blind. I have found each to have a very positive attitude toward blindness and independence. I have been able to use what I have learned from the courses to assist my daughter's growth, as well as those of other blind children. There is a wide array of courses offered for families. I believe they also offer high school credits.

All in all, Hadley School for the Blind is terrific! Encourage families to take their courses. They will all benefit!

 Debby
bwbddl at yahoo.com
www.nfbflorida.org/parents

Only THREE weeks to go!
Please support Braille literacy and programs for our youth by sponsoring us in
the Motor City March for Independence! Better yet, join the team of the FL Parents of Blind Children!
http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/debbyb
http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/fpobc