[blindkid] Wii Device Teaches Visually Impaired to WalkwithCanes

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 9 00:26:57 UTC 2010

But, I don't think this is a game.  From what I can tell, it is just about
not vearing off.  If they were simulated walking down the street, stopping
at curbs, listening to trafic, entering a building, navigating obsticles, it
might be more like a game.  There is no story line, no point.  I am speaking
not as a blind person, not as the mother of one, I am speaking as the
partner of a video game expert.  If something is just a simulation of one
narrow thing, it won't sell.  It has to be a game with a point.  Maybe I
didn't get the full idea from the video demo, and if I didn't, I stand
corrected, but from what it looks like, this is not a game, it is a tool,
using a game system.