[blindkid] talking to a child about blindness

Susan Harper sueharper at firstchurchgriswold.org
Thu Mar 11 17:11:05 UTC 2010

That was kind of though provoking.  I have never talked to Vinnie who is
blind about it.  We just go about our business and he doesn't know any
different.  I never really talked to my son who had no arms until he brought
it up.  I told him he was born that way and he just had to do things
differently.  I can't ever remember making it more than matter of fact and
answered what was asked honestly for the age he was at. It was first brought
up when he went to Kindergarten by others.   I don't know if that helps, but
I am interested to see how others are handling this.
Blessings,
Sue H.