[blindkid] talking to a child about blindness

Marie empwrn at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 11 20:49:26 UTC 2010

I LOVE this! Simple yet very relevant for the cane user.

From: Carol Castellano <blindchildren at verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:19:11
Subject: Re: [blindkid] talking to a child about blindness

We've explained why sighted people can see out in front and to the
sides by comparing the way eyesight works to the way a cane
works--out in front and side to side.  We say that eyesight is like a
much longer cane!
Carol

Carol Castellano, President
973-377-0976