[blindkid] blindkid Digest, Vol 84, Issue 9

Leslie Ligon atfirstsight at ligondesign.com
Fri Apr 8 18:57:57 UTC 2011

Dear Pat,

Art teachers who think in a hole make the rest of the art world roll
their eyes! One of the first people we talked to when we found out Ethan
would be blind was our neighbor across the street. When we told her we'd
just found out about his blindness, she burst into high-energy,
mile-minute talking about how she teaches a class for kids who are blind
or v.i., and went on to invite us both to bring six-month old Ethan with
us so we could work alongside the other volunteers, and get Ethan used
to the clay at an early age!

Please just ask her to close her eyes as she goes into the first throw;
that might help her learn to describe the process, which, as someone
pointed out, is the hardest part for most sightlings!

Best wishes in your gentle but firm perseverance!

Leslie Ligon