[blindkid] netbook computer

DrV icdx at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 05:35:18 UTC 2012

My 9th grader has a Toshiba netbook. Its a little old & probably needs to
be upgraded, but it is small & the really nice feature is that on Toshiba
laptops you can disable the mousepad with a single keystroke. On many
laptops if you accidentally touch the mousepad the cursor goes every which
way - can be very frustrating. Honestly though, he does most of his
web-surfing, reading, glasswork & homework on his BrailleNote - much more
efficient for him. That being said, my goal - his goal - our goal - is for
him to refine his laptop skills this summer.
Eric