[blindkid] The BuzzClip: Wearable Technology for the Blind

Alison Stephens amspencer at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 24 19:19:53 UTC 2015

This device looks interesting as an additional tool in the toolbox and I think my 1st grade son would have fun trying it out.  I once got to try something similar, which was a handheld device owned by someone from Australia.  It was something like the Miniguide which is currently sold in the USA for $499 at LS&S. The new BuzzClip is definitely more affordable.  The following is a link to the Miniguide:

http://www.lssproducts.com/product/Miniguide-Mobility-Aid/other-canes-and-accessories
The Miniguide changes the intensity of vibration depending on how far away something is.  I wonder if the BuzzClip also changes intensity with distance?
Alison