[BlindMath] Scanning braille for sight reading

George Bell george at techno-vision.co.uk
Wed Jul 26 09:43:50 UTC 2017

Hi John,

Scanning embossed braille is not an easy task.  Indeed there was once a
program called "OBR" (Optical Braille Recognition).  But even that required
that specific makes and models of scanner be used, which allowed control of
lighting during the scan.

You instructor should know this.

Do I get the impression you are using a Perkins type braille writer as
opposed to say 6 key entry into PC braille software such as Duxbury?

George