[BlindMath] FW: Project INSPIRE_Please Take a Moment to Complete a Survey

Susan Osterhaus osterhauss at tsbvi.edu
Tue Oct 29 01:48:43 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone,

Tina Herzberg is making this request as the Principal Investigator, but it
just so happens that Sara Larken, Penny Rosenblum, Tiffany Wild, and I are
also consultants on the project. We REALLY need input. Even if you are the
student, please let those professionals upon which you may need to rely for
services know about this project. Please share this invitation widely, as
we want to reach as many people as possible.

Thank you for your
time.

Susan

Susan A Osterhaus

Statewide Mathematics Consultant

Outreach Programs

Texas School for the Blind

  And Visually Impaired

1100 West 45th Street

Austin, TX 78756

susanosterhaus at tsbvi.edu

www.tsbvi.edu/math

http://www.tsbvi.edu/videos-webinars/mathematics

*Hello Colleagues,*

Are you looking for resources to increase your own knowledge of Nemeth Code
within UEB Contexts or UEB technical?

Do you know other professionals including braillists, university resource
center personnel, and rehabilitation professionals looking for these types
of resources?

Do you work with students in grades 6-12 or college who want to build their
skills in Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts?

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then help me as I kick off
Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals Who Read
Braille.

As a first step in this project, we are collecting data regarding the
training needs of professionals. This survey is open to professionals who
are responsible for providing braille readers in STEM-related subject
braille materials and/or teaching the braille code(s). *The survey will
close December 6, so don’t delay!*

Please follow this link to read the consent form and, if you choose, to
complete the survey:

https://uofsc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3aggRrL7PbM718V
<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fuofsc.co1.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_3aggRrL7PbM718V&data=02%7C01%7Ctherzberg%40uscupstate.edu%7Cb59585f8d3204f5bb9a308d75bdb45f0%7C8cba7b629e8646c69b1b06504a61c72d%7C0%7C0%7C637078869650241755&sdata=GlHJXDEKG7HjexbkzBlO4Ny386hNiAbSNK2Evgd4Cyw%3D&reserved=0>

Please share this material widely with those who prepare materials and/or
deliver instruction for students in STEM subjects.

This study is being conducted through the School of Education at the
University of South Carolina Upstate. This research survey has been
reviewed and approved by the Institutional Review Board-Human Subjects in
Research. It will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.

If you have questions or would like additional information, please use the
contact information below.

Tina Herzberg, Ph.D.

Professor

Coordinator of Special Education -- Visual Impairment Program

Office: 864-503-5572

Email: therzberg at uscupstate.edu