[humanser] Human Services: GRE & JAWS

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 8 00:25:29 UTC 2014

Dag Nab It ... here's my 2 cents as well.

A very long time ago I joined the Human Services Division, but I didn't
especially like the name.  Human services can mean just about anything, from
prostitution to customer service at Walmart.  But, I got used to it and the
folks that grouped around the name seemed to work in the same sorts of work;
professionals in the fields that assist folks in creating positive change.
Later the Rehabilitation folks broke off from our division and formed their
own.

So, then Prez Merry says let us consider changing the name.  Well, we are
change agents, so I can't really complain too much.

But, what ought that new name be?  Here are a few other suggestions:

PROFESSIONAL CHANGERS & SHAKERS DIVISION
HELPING PROFESSIONS DIVISION
PSYCHOTHERAPY, MEDICAL &SOCIAL  CHANGE DIVISION

As you might deduce, my concept for the Division would be to grow to include
the areas of social & political organizing rather than to move towards the
medical professions.

JD