[humanser] Conducting a mental status exam.

Serena Cucco serena.c.cucco at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 21:49:41 UTC 2015

Hi Angelina,

I'm sure others on the list will have techniques for dealing with
visual questions.  Having said that, if the MSE is only for your own
evaluation of the client, rather than the state or other authority,
you don't really need to have visual info to know the client's
difficulties.  E.G., I, who am not a therapist, can tell, if someone
sounds irritable, uncertain, and outright miserable, that he/she has
either a medical issue, mental illness, or other condition, such as
dementia.  You'd have to ask the client what's wrong.  As you probably
already know, most clients can give you at least some useful info.

Serena