[humanser] Concerns about nonverbal communication in counseling?

Shannon Cook SCook at sccb.sc.gov
Tue Jan 17 15:14:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

I would also remind them that just because they had one experience with one visually impaired volunteer, that does not automatically translate into the same issues with someone else.  We are all as different as any other sector of the population. They would not be allowed to say that they had a bad experience with someone of a particular race, so they have concerns with hiring someone else of that same race.  Most people would not even consider that kind of mindset.  Our challenge as a movement is to get employers, businesses, and citizens to adopt that same attitude.

Shannon Cook, MSW, CPM