[Mn-abs] Freedom for the Blind

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Jan 7 03:11:07 UTC 2011

Kelby,

If you got a cane when you were one year old, you definitely benefited from the work we did in the 1970's and 1980's
to get canes into the hands of younger kids.

Perhaps others can answer this question better than I, but I would say that most blind pdople spend some time in a
training center after high school.  Some of the time would be used to brush up and solidify the skills you already have,
and if you already have good skills in some areas, more time can be spent on areas where more work would be
helpful.  This is the time in your life when you have the most flexibility to do something like this.  I don't know your
background but others here know you better and might be able to give you a more personalized answer.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson