[nabs-l] Independent Travel At Crowded MajorCollegeSportingEvents

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 17:05:40 UTC 2010

Hi All!

First, Ashley, thanks for the bar tips...the bathroom is down a hall
so it's not that tricky to find...usually I do okay.

Okay...I talked to my mother and she gave me a little more info about
the stadium...my plan of using my cane may not work so well after
all...I'll have to see.

Okay, so there is this hallway with the bathrooms and concession
stands. You walk out of the hallway and into the stadium.

The stadium is huge and there are four sides to it...north south east and west.

In order to begin to find your seat you have to know which side of the
stadium/gate to go through north, south, east and west.

Once you figure out which side you need/are on you have to figure out
whether your section is upper or lower.

If it's upper you have to go up all these steep steps (steps shouldn't
be a problem) but Mom said she didn't think I'd be able to distinguish
the sections with my cane in order to find the right one.

Despite how big and massive this stadium is seeming to be, what I may
do since there will be so many people around is find out and write
down ahead of time which side my tickets are on, the section number,
and if it's upper or lower...then try to ask random people directions
to the proper side and so forth.

The thing is though that if my tickets are say on the south side and
I'm on the west side according to what I've been told it could be
clear on the other side of the stadium which is a long long walk.

Hmm...I'm thinking I'll definitely use my cane to find my section
tonight at the basketball game, and for the football game tomorrow get
to the stadium as early as possible, have the side, section and
nrow/seat number written down ahead of time, and just try to use my
cane and see how things go.

If I find I'm on the wrong side or the crowd is too overwhelming and
I'm just too lost and frustrated I'll just take an arm;but I want to
at least give an effort with my cane even if I don't do the entire
thing with my cane.

This stadium is so large that if your on the wrong side from where
your seat is located you could be walking pretty far to get to the
other side...then you still have to find your section when you finally
get to the right side...it could take me the whole game just to find
my seat...so I think I'll try to use my cane tomorrow some and see how
things go and if I find myself too lost or too frustrated/on the
opposite side of where I'm supposed to be I'll take an arm.

Thoughts?

Kerri