[nabs-l] College finder

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:36:02 UTC 2014

Hi Ana,

Although I haven't used the website since 2007, I found the Princeton
Review's Counselor-o-matic program to be quite insiteful. I think it
can be helpful to know a place to start. You fill out a profile and it
comes up with a list of colleges it considers to be easy schools for
you to get in to, schools whose requirements about align with your
achievements, and reach schools which still might be worth applying
for but which are more competitive based on your achievements. The
profile not only considers achievements but other factors like your
majors of interest, and size and location preferences. You can also
google for lists of schools that have remarkable departments for
majors you are interested in using terms like "top undergraduate
psychology programs."

I did visit schools once I narrowed down my list, and that was very
helpful, but the internet can be a really good place to start to help
you narrow down where you want to visit or to learn about schools that
you may not be able to visit. I really recommend visiting though if at
all possible!

In North Carolina, we have cfnc.org which is a website housing
information about schools in North Carolina. Perhaps other states have
a similar website.

Also, ask the list once you narrow down your interests, or if you
already know what majors you are considering, feel free to throw those
out and some of us might have recommendations of schools to research.

Cindy