[Nfb-kzoo] meeting on Monday

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 18:45:11 UTC 2009

Everyone,
Attached is a revised version of the flyer.  The changes are "peek" instead of "peak" at the beginning (thanks Corda), "there" instead of "their" (thanks Jacky), and "blind and visually impaired" instead of just visually impaired (thanks Kristine).

Okay, so my English skills aren't very sharp...all this Spanish I'm studying.  :) Hope this is to everyone's satisfaction now.

I'm also curious as to the reasoning behind "blind" instead of visually impaired?  I have no qualms, but what's the thought process?

Also, as far as the list for Tim and Jacky is concerned, I felt this to be one of the easier of the categories, since the list already includes numbers and such.  However, just as with any task that is delegated to someone in this chapter, if the task feels too overwhelming or their is an issue with performing it, their is no problem with contacting our fellow members and asking for help finishing the task.  We are all busy, productive individuals, but with all of this we all still want to have a hand in the progress that is made via this chapter and organization.  In summary, if it is too much, just let everyone know, and with our powers combined we'll move forward.

As far as the conference calls idea, I am for that, and attempted to do so last night with no success.  This is something that we will look into in more depth in the future.  I would still like to emphasize that this particular service would be for extenuating circumstances, and I would prefer it to not be a regular mode of participation in the meetings.  I'm not stating that I feel anyone in this chapter would do so, this is just a proactive statement.

I hope all that made sense.  Please inquire more if it doesn't.  I get rambling sometimes and become less coherent the farther I go.  :)

Tyler Merren
President of the NFB of Kalamazoo