[Nfb-science] Help! Jaws and stats

cheryl fogle cfogle at unm.edu
Thu Jan 22 20:13:14 UTC 2009

Amin,

I'm using SPSS 15 with Jaws--though I'm far from an expert it appears to
work.  There's a demo available for download from spss.com and after you
install there's a help topic on screen reader access. You'd have better
support if you use the program your classmates and particularly your
professors are using.  If your college has a statistics lab or clinic, you
might be able to ask for stats help.  I'm providing some information that
I've saved from the blind math list.

"
For SPSS version 14, download jaws scripts from here.

http://kn.open.ac.uk/public/workspace.cfm?wpid=4021

You need to install something known as "Java Access Bridge". The purpose of
JAB is to render java based applications accessible to a degree. After that,
follow the steps given in this page.

https://docs.rice.edu/confluence/display/ITTUT/Screen+reading+software+(Jaws
)+for+SPSS+set+up+instructions