[NFB-Science] Advice for an Aspiring Science Teacher

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 22 18:51:02 UTC 2021

Hello Lauren:

     Getting involved with science is certainly easier now than it was just
a few years ago.
New technology makes it possible for blind students to do their own lab work
independently. The major piece of technology is the Talking LabQuest2 (TLQ2)
and Logger Pro software. Both of these products are available from
Independence Science. Please see the following two links for more
information:

Independence Science home page:
https://independencescience.com/

I suggest you look at our recent newsletters and archive of the ISLAND
conferences.
Independence Science newsletters :
https://independencescience.com/newsletters/

The National Federation of the Blind does have a scholarship program which I
suggest you apply for. Hope this helps.
Be safe and have a great day.

Regards,

Robert