[Nfb-seniors] Convention 2019 NEWS - Events and Fund Raising

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Thu Jun 20 15:22:57 UTC 2019

Hi You All

CONVENTION NEWS

>From Ruth Sager, Seniors Division, President

The NFB Seniors Division is set up to have a full schedule of teaching and
learning all convention long. Here is our schedule of events, and several
options that we all can participate in to raise money for the Division.

Schedule of Events:

#1 Our seminar Sunday, July 7 meets in Tradewinds. It is entitled -GET
MOVIN', BE HEALTHY, STAY HEALTHY - This is a wellness seminar with
stretching exercises lead by Jessica Beecham, President of the Sports and
Recreation Division. Bring your friends and come along! Seminar is $5.00

#2 Our Senior Division business meeting will be Tuesday, July 9 in
Tradewinds E. Registration is from 12:30 until 1:15 PM. We have a full
agenda.

Fund Raising Options:

#1 Again this year the Seniors Division will have a table in the Exhibit
Hall where we will provide information about the Seniors Division, and sell
jewelry and our Division's 50/50 raffle tickets.

#2Members of the Seniors Division will be selling our 50/50 raffle tickets
during convention. We are not using a physical ticket, no little paper
pieces needing to be filled out. The buyer will need to provide us with
their name, and contact information. The drawings are a day before the close
of convention, and if they win, we must know how to reach them, such as in
their affiliate seating, or a phone#.

Tickets are $1.00 apiece or 6 for $5.00.

#3 Here is a simple way to put $10.00 into the Division's bank account. I
just did it! Read below:

This offer of a donation; came via email to all NFB listservs.

As a fitting tribute to Las Vegas, this year's location for the National
Federation of the Blind National Convention, our theme for Aira events at
the convention is "Go Big or Go Home!" We're donating to NFB Divisions with
your help, enabling free Aira Access at all convention areas, hosting an
entertaining show, providing special promotions at our booth, and more!

 Aira to Donate to NFB Divisions or National Fund of Your Choice. Here's How
You Can Make that Happen.

 Aira will donate $10 to an NFB member's chosen Division or favorite
National Fund of choice for every person who creates a free Aira account for
the first time and then fills out the form on www.aira.io/nfb
<http://www.aira.io/nfb> . This program will launch today and will run
through the convention up until July 31, 2019.

 100% of all donations will be paid by Aira directly to the Division, or
your national fund of choice, when you fill out the form and register for
free.

What's on the form? First name, Last name, Phone Number, and Division or
National Fund. That's it!

 For updates on all Aira activities at the NFB National Convention, visit
www.aira.io/nfb <http://www.aira.io/nfb> .