[Nfb-seniors] Attention: Minutes from the 2018 Seniors Division Meeting at National Convention

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 14:04:47 UTC 2019

Hi You All

Do read through these minutes. If you were there,, and if you see anything
that needs to be added in, or corrected, please contact Shelley Coppel at
the following address: frankcoppel at att.net

If you were not there. enjoy and keep up with what we are doing!

NFB Seniors Division 2018 Convention Meeting Minutes

Date 7-5-18

The meeting began at 1:30 p.m.

There was a description of the auction items.

Robert Newman was going to record a podcast of seniors that could be put
onto our website.

We will be continuing the conference calls nationally. We encourage
suggestions of topics for these calls.

We announced the upcoming Senior Retreat at Rocky Bottom Retreat and
Conference Center of the Blind in South Carolina. It will be held the week
of October 14-20, 2018. We are still taking applications.

The minutes from our last business meeting were read and approved

Phyllis Chavez of the Colorado Center of the Blind's senior program spoke of
being a first timer to attend the Washington Seminar in January, 2018. Nancy
Yager of Virginia spoke of their newly formed Senior Division. Carol from
Alabama spoke of their Senior Division and the need to use non-visual
techniques. Idaho's seniors meet for lunch and call themselves "the left
behind bunch". Maryland's seniors were also represented at this meeting.

Michael Hinkson represented Aira and spoke of this technology in regard to
its access of visual material.

The treasurer's report was next. Our balance as of this meeting is:
$2,518.76.

There were elections and Robert Newman was elected as our 2nd Vice
President.

We voted to give $200 to each of the funds that we always make a
contribution.

The meeting was adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,

Shelley Coppel, Secretary