[NFB-Seniors] Seeing your help with short testimonials

Chang, Patti PChang at nfb.org
Wed Jan 15 14:00:47 UTC 2020

Dear all,

My name is Patti Chang and I serve as our Director of Outreach for NFB. I am dropping a note to ask for your assistance. We are looking for short (100 to 200 words) stories from seniors about retirement and staying active as well as mentoring. I help with our monthly newsletter, Imagineering our Future. This quarter we are focusing in on our seniors. Bob Gardner wrote about learning Braille for our January issue and I am looking for help with our February issue which deals with retirement and staying active and our March issue which will focus in on senior mentoring. We are also collecting more senior stories for our storybank.

Please send me a 100 to 200 word note telling about how you stay active in retirement and what you are active doing or how you are involved in mentoring or being mentored. These should be kind of informally chatty. They do not need to be polished. Please just send what you can to me offline at pchang at nfb.org<mailto:pchang at nfb.org>. The deadline for February is 2/1/20 and March is 3/1/20.

Your blurb could tell how the Federation motivates or facilitates what you do. Maybe some of what you do is Federation activity. Would love to hear from those of you who are active in sports, church, or volunteering too. You might talk about your favorite mentoring moment. Sometimes we teach best by example or learn best from example.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Patti Chang Esq.
Director of Outreach
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2422 | pchang at nfb.org<mailto:pchang at nfb.org>
Cell: 773-307-6440

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer