[NFB-Seniors] More than Just A reminder about the National Seniors Division's Zoom meeting at Convention

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 19:28:21 UTC 2020

Hi You All

2 Important messages here

(Note: If you do not have your adaptive software set to tell you about font
changes, do know the above line is in italics, with the word Important also
being bolded.)

#1 This is a short note from me, Robert Leslie Newman: Know that I am going
to try and convince you as to why you will want to call into our NFB Seniors
division's annual business meeting on July 16, and to actively support the
efforts of the NFB Seniors Division by either joining and becoming a member,
and/or by donating financially to our efforts. But also I'm saying . First
and foremost, I believe that a blind senior would be best served in
Federationist, "living the Life you want," in a localized group/division, or
chapter; with your Homies. Like we in Nebraska with our NFBN Senior
Division, or the Seniors divisions in New Jersey, or Kansas, or any of the
rest of our affiliate divisions and groups. And so why attend, or join, or
give money to the NFB Seniors Division at the national level? Because it
exists to span our entire country/Federation, by having the potential of its
members being from all affiliates, and any existing Seniors Division or
Group found at the affiliate level. Yes, some of what happens with the
National Seniors Division is very similar to what goes on in the Nebraska
Senior division, or any other affiliate level group you wish to name. Like,
there are some informational phone conferences, with great information and
discussion; trying not to up-stage, but to add to  the topics being
presented by the affiliate level monthly calls. Then, there is the Senior
Retreats, being offered by our national Seniors division, providing an
opportunity for training in blindness  related independence skills, and
philosophical development; where some of us do not have this option in our
home states. Plus, this group of Federationist, with many of us also being
leaders at the affiliate level, have a focus on supporting the affiliate
divisions and groups by offering coordination and sharing of information
and, meeting topics,  a calendar of our events, and more. And one more thing
I'll add here, is that we are a voice that can catch the ear of our national
organization's leadership; though we know that from the  president's office
down, our leaders do listen to all its membership. Yup, the NFB Seniors
Division at the national level is just another example of the multi-level
support that our Federation has for its membership.

#2 Here is the text of the latest reminder from our NFB Seniors Division's,
Membership Chair, Wayne Marshall:

Hello fellow Senior Division Members,

Some of you have already received an email from me regarding our national
convention. I ask that you please forgive the receipt of multiple emails. We
are developing a mass distribution email group for our Seniors Division.
Some of the email addresses are not valid and some are, and some of our
seniors don't have email addresses at all. We need each of you  to share the
word of our National Senior's Division meeting that will be held on
Thursday, July16  from 2pm to 4pm. Below, I have also included some
information on how you can get registered via email or smell mail, pay your
dues, and, or make a donation to the Seniors Division.

Although there is never a fee to attend any division meeting were grateful
for your support.

This message is also a reminder to register for the National Federation of
the Blind 2020 National Convention and the 2020 National Seniors Division
Meeting. The registration process is as easy as 1 2 3!  First of all, this
year's convention will be virtual, and registration is free, however, you
must still register in order to participate and be eligible for door prizes.
You can go online to https://www.nfb.org/registration and register directly
on the web page. You can also print out a copy of the Registration form and
mail it in. Please note that Registration must be completed and returned by
June 15th. Secondly, while you are online, you can go to the Senior's
Division page at, .seniors.nfb.org and register for the Seniors Division
Meeting as well as various ways of paying your dues or just donating to the
Seniors Division. Again, you do not have to pay a fee to attend our Senior
Division meeting but we would like for you to register if possible. If you
would like to join or renew your membership by paying the five dollars
membership fee by mail send a check to: NFB Seniors Division

Make the Memo: Either -Renew Membership - or - New Membership

#2 Send your check, along with your filled out membership form to our
Treasurer:

Duncan Larsen

Colorado Center for the Blind

2233 West Shepperd Ave.

Littleton, CO 80120.

If possible, please include the following information with your check: Name:

-Phone Number:

-Email Address:

-Mailing Address: Street, City, State, Zip Code

Thirdly, if you have any questions or need assistance with either process,
fill free to contact me at the number listed below. Let's Get Registered"

Wayne F. Marshall MCRTB, NOMC

"Membership Chair"

NFB Seniors Division

Wayne F. Marshall MCRT, NOMC