[nfb-talk] critical analysis paper

Lisa Kidder lisa.akidder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 22:00:26 UTC 2010

I'm writing about this, beecause I did not learn a lot of the
academic skills that I would have learned in a public school.  I
was sent to a residental school at age three, and was told that I
would never learn math, because I would never understand the
concept of numbers.  I did not learn how to multiply or divide
until I had to take a bisic math class in college.  I finished
the class with an a.  It seems like the school that I went to
focused mainly on the independent living skills, but not as much
on the academic skills.  I never had to advocate, like I do now
in college because all of my textbooks were provided in braille
when I was school.  As far as taking notes, the teachers told us
what to put down.  We did not have to decide what was important.
Lisa