[nfb-talk] Batman

John Heim john at johnheim.com
Fri Feb 27 15:39:06 UTC 2015

My totally unsubstantiated opinion is that  there is a direct
correllation between how well you handle being blind and the number of
times you've broken your nose. You'd expect that to be an inverse
correlation but it is not.

In other words, I think the more you've broken your nose, the better
you've been at handling your disability. I don't want to offend people
who have never broken their nose. It'sfar from a perfect correllation.
It's more like if you've broken your nose a lot of times, you're
probably also doing well as a blind person. But I wouldn't say that if
you haven't broken your nose that means you're not doing well.

PS: I left the list for the good of the list.  I'll leave again if I
think I'm only making things worse.

 > On 2015 08:12 PM, Chris Nusbaum wrote:John, Welcome back! It's good
to see you contributing again. I hope you'll stay with us this time.
Yes, I listen to this NPR special as well and it was a good show. Daniel
Kish i'm times be a very controversial figure in our community because
of the amount of media attention he generates. Sometimes, I think, The
message that he and we are trying to convey – that is, the inmate
normality of blind people — can be lost in the aura of Mistry which
tends to surround is echolocation. However, I think the reporters who
did this show did very well in their assessment of the impact that
expectations can have on us. They get it, and sodas Dan. I would be
interested to hear the thoughts of anyone else who has listened to this
program. Just my thoughts, Chris Nusbaum

John Heim, john at johnheim.com, skype:john.g.heim