[nfbcs] JAWS and MS Word 2003

Joe Orozco JOrozco at ysa.org
Wed Oct 29 19:02:49 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I'm having difficulties reading Word documents.  If I use Read All the
text reads more or less okay.  If I read line by line JAWS is reading
the Menu Bar items or reads random passages elsewhere in the document.
I have zoomed to 75%.  I have maximized the window.  I have turned off
all the assorted toolbars.  I have checked to make sure the Menu Bar is
checked.  Any ideas on what could be going wrong here?  I'm using JAWS
7.1, and although I will shortly be upgrading to JAWS 10, I wonder if
the problem might not be with Word.  Anyhow, any help would be great.

Joe Orozco